SEVA is all about sharing YOUR story.
Submitting your video to the contest is a great start, but it’s just part of how you can share your vision with the SEVAs. Your Official SEVA Producer Interview is a vital part of the SEVA program. Your interview could be used during this year’s SEVA Award Night Celebration, the upcoming season of SEVA TV, and more! Please help share your interview with us by recording your own interview following the guidelines below and submit to SECC.
Guide to Creating Your Own Official SEVA Producer Interview
Prepare Your Interview Shoot
Decide which recording option will work best for you either using a cell phone, camcorder, or your webcam and laptop or computer. We’re looking for the highest quality recording your device can provide. Remember to use a tripod, and, if using a cellphone, keep it horizontal not vertical.
Add a microphone if you have one. Even headphones with a built-in microphone can be an improvement over the built-in options of your device.
Take time to look around your house for the best possible location, keeping in mind the available lighting. Add additional lighting such as a ring light if you have it. This interview will represent you to the world so give it some extra attention. If you’d like to use a SEVA themed Zoom background, visit Google Drive.
Center yourself in the frame with proper headroom and keep your eyes at the same level as the camera so it doesn’t look up or down at you. Since this is your story, you’re going to look right into the camera as you give your answers.
If possible, tap a sibling or parent for help capturing your interview. Always do a test recording first to check video and audio and make sure everything is working well prior to filming your entire interview.
Answer the Questions
Please give the following questions some thought before you start. Try to answer as many as you can and use complete sentences rather than one word answers. Remember, this is your chance to shine so try to do your best. Please complete the questions in one recording, there is no need to worry about editing or sending in multiple clips. The SECC production team will ensure your interview shows you in the best way possible. The list of questions can also be downloaded as a PDF document.
1. School Name – What school do you attend?
2. Student Name – Please tell us your name and slowly spell your first and last name.
3. Your Video Intro – “My name is _____ (first name only)______ and I go to _______________ (the name of your school). The name of my video is _____________.
4. Please tell us about your video. What is it about?
5. What do you want viewers to learn from your video?
6. What was the process you went through to make your video?
7. What was your favorite part of making your video?
8. What was your role on the production and what were your responsibilities? (Producer? Videographer? Editor?)
9. What skills do you need to be successful in your role on the production?
10. What was the hardest part of making the video?
YOUR SEVA STUDIO & TEACHER (Make sure the media teacher name is included in statement)
11. Tell us about the video program at your school?
12. What impact has your media teacher made on you and/or your school?
13. What do you like most about your media teacher?
14. What does video mean to you?
15. How can video make an impact on your friends or in your community?
16. What advice would you give your fellow video student producers who are just starting out?
17. Is there anything else that you’d like to tell us about your SEVA video/experience?
Upload Your Footage
Please name your file FIRSTANDLASTNAME_NAMEOFSCHOOL_NAMEOFVIDEO.MP4 and upload the unedited footage to Youtube as unlisted, Vimeo, Google Drive or Dropbox (preferred method), and send us a note.