SEVA is all about sharing YOUR story.
Submitting your video to the contest is a great start, but it’s just part of how you can share your vision with the SEVAs. Your Official SEVA Producer Interview is a vital part of the SEVA program. Your interview could be used during this year’s SEVA Award Night Celebration, the upcoming season of SEVA TV, and more! Please help share your interview with us by recording your own interview following the guidelines below and submit to SECC.
Guide to Creating Your Own Official SEVA Producer Interview
Prepare Your Interview Shoot
Decide which recording option will work best for you either using a cell phone, camcorder, or your webcam and laptop or computer. We’re looking for the highest quality recording your device can provide. Remember to use a tripod, and, if using a cellphone, keep it horizontal not vertical.
Add a microphone if you have one. Even headphones with a built-in microphone can be an improvement over the built-in options of your device.
Take time to look around your house for the best possible location, keeping in mind the available lighting. Add additional lighting such as a ring light if you have it. This interview will represent you to the world so give it some extra attention.
Center yourself in the frame with proper headroom and keep your eyes at the same level as the camera so it doesn’t look up or down at you. Since this is your story, you’re going to look right into the camera as you give your answers.
If possible, tap a sibling or parent for help capturing your interview. Always do a test recording first to check video and audio and make sure everything is working well prior to filming your entire interview.
Answer the Questions
Please give the following questions some thought before you start. Try to answer as many as you can and use complete sentences rather than one word answers. Remember, this is your chance to shine so try to do your best. Please complete the questions in one recording, there is no need to worry about editing or sending in multiple clips. The SECC production team will ensure your interview shows you in the best way possible. The list of questions can also be downloaded as a PDF document.
1. School Name – What school do you attend?
2. Student Name – Please tell us your name and slowly spell your first and last name.
3. Your Video Intro – “My name is _____ (first name only)______ and I go to _______________ (the name of your school). The name of my video is _____________.
4. Please tell us about your video. What happens in it?
5. What do you want viewers to learn from your video?
6. What was the process you went through to make your video – what was your favorite part?
7. What was your role on the production and how well do you think you did?
8. What have you learned from making your video?
9. What skills do you need to make a good video?
10. What does video mean to you? How can video make an impact on your friends or in your community?
11. How has producing videos changed during COVID?
12. What advice would you give your fellow students who are creating videos during this time?
YOUR SEVA STUDIO & TEACHER
12. Can you tell us about the video program at your school? How has it changed during distance learning?
13. Can you give us a statement about your media teacher and the impact they have made? For example: “My media teacher is _____ and they have helped me express myself.”
14. What do you like most about your media teacher?
15. How have they helped you during this unique time?
THANK YOUR SUPPORTERS
16. Please give an acceptance speech in case your video is chosen as a SEVA winner or honorable mention. Who would you like to thank for helping you with your video? For an example, watch SECC’s own Nick Conklin give his acceptance speech at the 2017 SEVA Award Night.