Student producer interviews are a critical part of Award Night and SEVA TV programs and we need your help in securing as many student interviews as possible. Students can shoot their own interviews with the help of a parent or sibling using the questions below. The interview doesn’t need to be edited and uploading instructions are below.
- School ID – What school do you attend?
- Student ID – Please tell us your name and slowly spell your first and last name.
- Student & Video Intro – “My name is _____ (first name only)______ and I go to _______________ school. The name of my video is _____________.
- Please tell us about your video. What happens in it?
- What do you want viewers to learn from your video?
- How did you make your video – what was your favorite part?
- What was your role on the production and how well do you think you did?
- What have you learned from making your video?
- Can you talk about the skills needed make a video?
- What does video mean to you? How can video make an impact on your friends or in your community?
- Who is your media teacher?
- Tell us about your teacher. How have they helped you learn more about video production this year? What do you like about them?
- Is there anything else that you’d like to tell us about your SEVA video/experience?
- We’re looking for complete sentences. Statements that can stand on their own without hearing the question.
- Please look at the interviewer, rather than camera.
- If you’re shooting with phone, remember to shoot horizontally rather than vertically.
- If available, please use a lavalier mic or boom mic to capture the sound in a quiet setting.
- Review your footage to ensure quality sound and appropriate framing (waist up shot with look room) and lighting.